Resources for new entrants to the Society for Creative Anachronism. SCA
- Are you in a play?
- Is this the Renaissance Faire?
- Can you come talk to my class/school?
- How much does it cost to be a member?
- How often do you guys do this?
- Where do you do this stuff?
- What is that fighting with all the swords and shields and heavy armor?
- Are they really hitting each other?
- Does it hurt?
- How much does it cost to get all that armor?
- Can I learn to do that?
- Can women fight?
Rules for Participation
- Are there any rules about wearing [purple,
crowns, black velvet, circlets]?
- How do I get a name or a coat of arms?
(Can I use my family coat of arms?)
- What about meetings, workshops, practices,
tourneys, and events?
- What should I wear?
- What should I bring?
- How can I write a letter recommending someone
for an award?